We want you to be totally satisfied with your purchase, please find below a collection of information that will provide you more information about our website and products.
All of our rough stones are graded using 10x magnification and assigned one of the following codes. In descending quality
- AAA – Will generally cut to a stone with a small number of inclusions visible under magnification.
- AAPlus – Will generally cut an eye clean or loupe clean stone. A small number of inclusions.
- AA – Will likely cut to a stone with silk or small inclusions visible to the naked eye.
- APlus – The minimum quality we consider to be “Facet Grade”. Will cut a stone with nice colour and a number of visible inclusions.
- A - Large number of inclusions visible to the naked eye.
For some stones, a detailed description of the clarity is provided, and the letter grading is omitted.
Please note, no grade guarantees a certain level of clarity, please use these as guides only, and decide for yourself when you receive the stone. If it is not to your standards, please feel free to return the item.
This website isn’t just about selling stones, it also provides a great opportunity for people interested in gems to browse a photographic collection of premium gemstones.
It is our aim to make every single gem photograph look on screen as it does in real life.
We take the following steps to ensure what you see is as close as possible to what you receive.
- Photographs are taken with a high resolution DSLR camera and macro lens.
- Full spectrum, daylight equivalent bulbs are used for lighting. A consistent lighting setup is used for all rough photo-shoots.
- We do not use high intensity backlight for rough gemstones. This may make for a darker looking gem on-screen, however it will generally be a fair representation of how the stone will look on white paper under medium light.
- We process and edit photographs with the goal of reproduction, not enhancement. We stock high quality rough and cut stones, and the photos are designed to let the gems speak for themselves.
Still, differences in color reproduction between computers and display devices means there may be subtle differences in the color represented vs. the color in hand. If you are dissatisfied, please return the stone for a refund.
No photographs are to scale, please refer to the listed weight for indications on the size of the piece.
All gemstones are placed in front of the camera on the orientation on which I would cut them for highest yield. That is to say, the table will be the closest part of the stone to the camera. However, please do not take the outline of the photograph to be a guarantee of the final shape of the stone.
Orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Orders are dispatched within 48 hours.
The majority of rough gemstones listed are personally sourced direct from Africa. Travelling personally allows us to choose only the best of the best, and negotiate the best prices with the miners and brokers. We aim to travel at least every 6 months to ensure a steady supply of exciting gem material.
Unless otherwise specified, all listed cut gemstones are faceted by Lawrence Stephenson. With over 4 years of faceting experience and an eye for detail, you can trust in the best result from every single stone.
This website is the property of, and all products are sold by a registered Australian company. Our details are below.
Glitters Gemstones Pty. Ltd
ABN: 52 137 373 196